Data we may collect
We may collect, use, store, share and transfer the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you;
- Child details, Parent/carers details – this includes personal data which relates to your identity (and that of your child if applicable), such as first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender and your contact details such as your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers that you provide to us in person, via our website or by telephone, including the details you supply when establishing a profile on our website (including health-related personal data);
- Account personal data which relates to your account or profile on our website or app, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Visual data including personal data which is gathered using our CCTV or other recording systems in the form of images and video footage that is taken at any of the venues where the SensorStory activity is carried out or for promotional purposes;
- Advertising data including personal data which relates to your advertising preferences, such as information about your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- Health data including personal data which is gathered for health and safety purposes including any accident report or claim log or any information you provide about allergies or other medical conditions during the booking process or in one of our locations;
- Sales data including personal data which relates to the transactions you have conducted with us, such as details about payments to and from you;
- Information technology data including personal data which relates to your use of our website, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website; personal data gathered using cookies; and personal data you provide when applying to for a job advertised or submitting an application to teach with us, to request a private hire, to become a franchise owner, or to submit a speculative job application and/or your CV.
- We may also create personal data about you if you contact us by telephone to make a complaint, for example about our services or goods, then we may make a written record of key details of the conversation so that we can take steps to address the complaint.
- We also obtain and use certain aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your information Technology Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature on our website. However, if we re-combine or re-connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour on the Website. The Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting feature allows us to identify trends in the usage of the Website which may be published in reports for internal use and to develop the Website and content around our visitors’ interests. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online and make ads more relevant.
Demographics and Interests data comes from the third-party DoubleClick cookie for web traffic. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the Website, how you got here and what you click on. We therefore do not use this tool to collect or store your Personal Information, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We have also turned on Remarketing with Google Analytics. Remarketing cookies will be used by third parties (including Google) to show our ads on Websites other than our own. We use Google Analytics’ Remarketing cookies to serve more relevant ads on third-party Websites based on your past visits to our Website or other Websites. Google operates the DoubleClick online ad serving product, providing advertisers, web publishers and direct marketers with the tools needed to plan, execute, and analyse marketing programs with greater ease and efficiency. Note: Cookies placed by Google for behavioural advertising, including the opt-out cookie, will appear as DoubleClick cookies.
Opt-out of Google Analytics
Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of both Google Analytics for Demographics and Interest Reporting and Remarketing with Google Analytics. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. Google is a Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member, which is an organization committed to transparency and choice. The NAI opt-out tool was developed in conjunction with the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) for the express purpose of allowing consumers to “opt out” of the Interest-Based Advertising delivered by members on Web pages using cookies.
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Sensorstory limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you use our services;
- when you download and use our app;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
It is our intention at SensorStory to respect the privacy of children and their families which is achieved by;
- Ensuring the information you provide to us about you and your child/children remains confidential, we understand this information may be sensitive and will keep any written information about you and your family safe and out of access or view from others.
- We will not talk about your confidential information to others, unless we need to do so to safeguard your child (please see Safeguarding Policy).
- We consider data protection rules when disclosing records that refer to third parties.
- We will gain parental permission for any photographs of the children to be taken or used within SensorStory.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
We would like to use the personal data you provide to us for a variety of different purposes. For some of these purposes it is appropriate for us to obtain your prior consent. These purposes are as follows:
- where, in the provision of our goods and services to you and your child, we need to use the information you provide to us about your child’s health;
- where we would like to use photos or images taken of you or your child in promotional materials;
- where we have exciting new services and activities which we think you will be interested in hearing about; or
- where an opportunity arises to work for or with SensorStory.
We use the consent box mechanism in the registration form to obtain your consent to our using your personal data for the specific purposes set out above. You can choose to give your consent to some or all of these purposes. We will comply with the choices you make. In some instances, we may not obtain your consent to our processing of your personal data and instead we can rely on another lawful basis in order to do so. As an example, this may be because we need to use your personal data in order to provide you with the services or goods you have elected to receive from us (i.e., in the ordinary course of our business), contact you in the case of an emergency or unforeseen circumstances and to improve our service offering to you over time. These lawful bases are described below, along with the linked purposes for which we will process your personal data:
- To register you as a new customer or supplier or memberof the SensorStory Club we use Individual Data, Economic and Account and Profile Data. Our legal basis is that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and for our legitimate interest in the provision of goods and services to our customers.
- In order to perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include our: (i) fulfilling orders you have placed for goods or services (including online), (ii) contacting you in relation to any issues with your order or where we need to provide your personal data to our staff or franchisees and their authorised personnel (including, but not limited to, all teachers and administrative personnel) so that they may provide you with such goods or services and communicate with you about them (e.g. where there is a change to the time or location of a class); (iii) collecting and processing payments and recovering money owed. We use Individual Data, Economic and Financial Data and Sales Data for this. Our legal basis is thatthe processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and our legitimate interest in the provision of goods and services to you and recovering sums owed.
- In order to comply with our own legal obligations, e.g., health and safety legislation, or to assist in an investigation (e.g. from the Police) or incident at any of our venues we use Individual Data, Audio and Visual Data and Health Data. The legal basis is the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law, including social protection law in the case of a health and safety incident recorded at any of our venues or in order to protect the vital interests of you or another individual.
- In order to share your personal data with our franchisees and their authorised personnel (including, but not limited to, all authorised teachers and administrative personnel) so that we can add your child to the register for each class. We use Individual Data, Economic and Financial Data; and Sales Data for this. Our legal basis is the processing is necessary to perform any contract entered into with you and our legitimate interest and that of our franchisees in the provision of goods and services to you.
- In order to use your personal data to operate our business,but otherwise than in performing our contractual obligations to you (and includes our providing your personal data to our franchisees and their authorised personnel (such as all authorised teachers and administrative personnel) for the same purposes). These would be our ‘legitimate interests’ for the purposes of data protection legislation and are as follows:
- notifying winners of online competitions;
- sending you surveys in connection with our goods and services;
- to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies;
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to deal with any misuse of the website;
- to provide you with important real-time information (by email, telephone and SMS text message) about classes or services you have booked (e.g., a change of time or location of the class due to unforeseen circumstances);
- to send you information you have requested;
- to deal with your enquiries;
- where you have submitted an application to become a guide or franchise owner or for a job we may for a reasonable period keep your details on file for future reference should a suitable position subsequently become available and we may send you information about job opportunities;
- to develop, deliver and improve our goods or services;
- to help us develop the SensorStory website to be more useful to you;
- for internal purposes for hosting, research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- to deal with any misuse of the website;
- to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers; or
- We use Account and Profile Data, Individual Data, Advertising and Marketing Data, Audio and Visual Data, Economic and Financial Data for this. The legal basis is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party and where such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- In order to use the health-related personal datayou provide to us about you or your child in order to protect the vital interests of you and your child in situations where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent for us to do so. For example, this would enable us to make this type of personal data available to each of our staff or franchisees and their authorised personnel (such as all authorised teachers and administrative personnel) in situations where we and/or our staff or franchisees are required to comply with a specific legal requirement and there is not time to gain your consent. This would especially be relevant in an emergency situation or simply to enable you to take classes at different venues with different guides or franchisees. We use Individual Data and Health Data for this. The legal basis is this the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent and to comply with the law, including social protection law.
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Email sign-up for our newsletter, blogs, and site updates
Notwithstanding the foregoing in “What Personal Information We Collect,” if you sign up directly from our Website for our newsletters, blogs or updates about our Website, we will not sell or otherwise share for profit your email address with third parties. You may “opt-out” of receiving our newsletters, blogs and updates by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button on our newsletters, blogs or updates.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors;
Keeping Data secure
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Withdrawing your consent
You may at any time withdraw the specific consent you give to our processing your personal data for those purposes set out in section above. Please visit the My Account and alter the consent boxes as appropriate. When you change your choices in the My Account our system will automatically update to take this into account. If you have any issues in connection with this process then please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling SensorStoryto provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internet browser. You can switch off Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
HOW TO CONTACT US
E-mail us at email@example.com.
Or write to us at: SensorStory Baby Classes, 7 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR.
Policy Reviewed: May 2022